Kent Jazz Festival 2012
Jazz lovers of Kent…have we got an amazing treat for you this year. Chillenden jazz festival which is a brand new Kent Jazz festival has finally arrived. It is the brain child of local Jazz and Swing enthusiast Kevin Dodd and looking at the band line up it is proving to be a real treal whos who of Kent Jazz talent.
- Bert Butler Jazz Pilgrims – Trad and New Orleans Jazz at its “foot-stomping” best.
- Goosebumps – One of the best high energy, swingy, jivey, bluesy bands in the country.
- Cut the Funk – An original Jazz Funk, soul, R & B band consisting of 5 professional musicians, all based in Kent.
- KD Jazz and Dance Orchestra – Swing with a bit of Latin thrown in – can’t go wrong really!
- Denmark Street Big Band – Recreating the swinging jazz sounds from the Big Band era and featuring some of the UK’s best musicians.
The Chillenden Festival of Jazz will be held on Saturday the 21st of July 2012 from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the Chillenden Cricket Field, Chillenden Court, Chillenden.
- The Griffins Head, Chillenden
- The Red Lion, Bridge High Street
- Hercules Wine Warehouse, Moat Sole, Sandwich
- Hercules Wine Warehouse, Macknade, Selling Road, Faversham
- The Astor Theatre, Deal
- The Pilgrim’s Shop, 68 Burgate, Canterbury
Alternatively, tickets can be purchased online using the Chillenden Jazz Festival site