Pink Wedding Days and Civil Partnership Wedding Entertainment
From the 5th December 2005, gay and lesbian couples began to register at registrars offices across the country their intention to carry out a civil partnership ceremony. Within the first two months approximately 4,900 have either registered or carried out their ceremony, with an estimated 10,000 couples intending to marry in the first year alone. All couples must adhere to the following requirements:
- Same sex couples must not be married or already be a civil partner
- Parental consent is needed if between the ages of 16 and 18
- 15 days prior notice of proposed civil partnerships must be given to the Registration Authority
- You will be required to sign a document in the presence of a registration officer and two witnesses
The Civil Partnership Act applies to all residents within the UK and Northern Ireland. Registering under this Act will offer gay and lesbian couples similar legal benefits as heterosexual married couples. For further details on registering, contact your local council or registry office, or visit: www.gro.gov.uk. After you have legally registered your partnership, you will be known as “Civil Partners”. There is no stipulation that you automatically take your partner’s surname, so if you would like to change your last name you will need to make changes by deed poll. For further information, please visit www.stonewall.org.uk.
Although there is no requirement to hold a ceremony as such, simply making an appointment to go into your local registry office and sign the register fulfils the legal requirements. Here at pink wedding days we believe it is a golden opportunity to really push the boat out and have the wedding you have always wanted which until now has only been a dream. Some important elements of the ceremony to consider are:
- Readings message of love or reflective poems?
- Music classical / opera or a modern theme?
- Vows personal sentiments and commitments
- Flowers chosen by season or meanings?
- Theme settings venue choice, mood lighting, colours, fabrics etc.
Combined, these key elements of your wedding will reflect the atmosphere and feelings of the day. Whatever type of ceremony you choose remember just relax and enjoy it.
information from pinkweddingdays.co.uk
First Dance Lessons Kent | Local Dance Lessons Kent Hire Scott Bradley Style Band| Post Modern Jukebox Band How to Book a Band | Live Band Guide Uk